Private Face to Face Consultations
Available by Webcam (Worldwide)
Get training feedback from a professional trainer in real time or from video clips. Your chance to talk with a professional service dog training coach.
You take responsibility for guiding the sessions. You plan the objectives and ask the questions.
- Succeed faster by developing good training skills right from the start.
- Save travel time and gas costs by training in your own home! You need a space 10 feet by 10 feet in front of the camera.
- Your dog will be more focused by training in a familiar location, especially while you problem solve.
- Convenient and easy! Training equipment at your finger tips.
- Take the training coach with you to train your service dog in public places (data plan required)
3 x 30 minute Webcam Consults
for SDTI current students only
30 minute sessions are sold in groups of 3 to be done in conjunction with our online modules.
Use them to keep you on track, accountable and motivated. Succeed faster by developing good training skills right from the start.
What can we cover in a 30 minute session?
- Review class content.
- Clarify training details. Problem-solve specific training technique.
- Submit a link to a videoed training session and get feedback from the instructor.
- Do a short live training session with your dog and get immediate feedback.
- Take your training on the road if you have a data plan to do so.
- Discus answers to Lesson Discussion questions
- Set your training plan for the next week.
30 minutes goes fast so you need to be prepared! Sessions can be recorded so you can refer to them.
All three sessions must be used by 30 days after purchase. This is to keep you moving forward in training.
After You Make Payment: Using the Consult Submission Form (below), please send a few options of days of the week and times that work for you. The training coach is in the Pacific Time Zone. Also indicate which modules you are working on.
Three 30 minute Sessions
Price: CAD $125
60 minute Webcam Consults
for SDTI students and members of the public.
What can we cover in a 60 minute session?
- General guidance about the process of owner-training a service or assistance dog-is it realistic for your situation?
- Choosing a service dog candidate- help you narrow down several quality dog breeders in your area or help you find an adult dog. Help you find a group dog training class that uses positive methods.
- Where to find information about certification and other laws in your region.
- Available resources to help you during the process (recommend books, DVD’s, laws for your region, free links etc).
- Help creating a 2-3 year training plan and set up a training log.
- Set realistic expectations for you and your dog.
- Find out what it’s like to live with and go into public with a service dog.
- Learn about fear periods and what you can do to minimize and manage them.
- Answer general dog training issues not specific to service dogs (except aggression, fear, resource guarding, severe separation anxiety or very high excitement.)
- Training coach can act as a sounding board to decide if you need to remove your dog from training, retire your dog or re-home him.
60 minute sessions must be used by 30 days after purchase.
After You Make Payment: Using the Consult Submission Form (below), please send a few options of the days of week and times that work for you. The training coach is in the Pacific Time Zone. Before each hour session, please send your list of questions. Prioritize them.
One Hour Consultation
NOTE: Prepayment is required to reserve your session.
At least 24 hours advance notice is required to reschedule or cancel.
No-shows will not be rescheduled or refunded. $10 administration fee for refunds.
All 3 x 30 minute sessions must be used by 30 days after purchase date.
One hour sessions must be used by 30 days after purchase date.
Consult Submission Form
The training coach will email you back to confirm which dates and times work for her. Thank you!